Saturday, January 24, 2009

Meeting Raghu Dixit

Guess what, I met Raghu Dixit at Coffee Day, Cunningham road last thursday. I follow RD on twitter and saw his post asking if anyone wanted passes for his next concert at Bangalore. I was quick to respond and he asked me to pick it up from him personally at CCD. I went along with BK and it turned out to be a drama.
Because of my previous experience in RD's concert at Swagath Garuda, I went to CCD expecting that a lot of crowd around RD . To my utter surprise, there were only 3-4 guys along with RD and Gaurav. Me and BK collected passes from RD himself and then started chatting casually. I was asking all sorts of stupid questions like how long does RD typically take to compose a song/tune, what is the starting point for composing a tune etc. RD has a gr8 sense of humour and he puts it in a college kannada lingo that I am very much familiar with. Yes that includes #!@% words as well :) The turning point was when BK asked when will RD release his next album. RD didn't seem to be planning any as his first album didn't fetch him good money as more people preferred music piracy over purchasing the album. RD threw a googly at BK by asking whether BK has bought his album. The obvious answer was 'no' and RD started blasting people like BK who claim to be fans of RD but doesn't buy his album and how RD is pissed off with such people. Since RD was putting it in a very casual - humorous - college kannada, I was enjoying the new RD avatar I was unaware of. But BK took it very personally and was visibly upset. I was quite embarrassed with this situation and acted quickly by deciding to leave. We shook hands with RD and Guarav and bid good bye. While leaving I asked RD whether we could take picture with him which he promptly denied. BK got angry and left the place in a hurry. To end the scene on a funny note, I asked RD whether he will take a picture with us if we bought his album :) He said yes, and I have already placed an online order for his album. And also has left a comment in RD's blog about it asking for my well-deserved-picture with him. Lets see if he replies...

No comments: